Originally from My Kitchen Cafe. I used whole-wheat pasta and omitted the chilies because I could only find medium green enchilada sauce instead of mild. It worked great! You can garnish with extra sour cream, cheese, diced tomatoes, green onions, or crushed tortilla chips. I didn't try any of these and still thought it was really good. Can't really go wrong with lots of sour cream and cheese!
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
4-ounce can diced green chilies
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 (10-oz) can green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
1 can large black olives, cut into slices
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
16-20 oz. penne pasta (Depending on how "saucy" you want the pasta)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta until tender.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet and add the onion.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent.
5. Add the garlic and red pepper and cook for another 2 minutes, until pepper is barely tender.
6. Add the cooked chicken, green chilies, spices, enchilada sauces and olives.
7. Let the sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the sour cream and cheese and heat through, until the cheese is melted (but don't boil!).
9. Pour the sauce over the hot pasta.