I got this recipe from a Thai lady in my mom's ward in Puyallup, WA whose family owns a Thai restaurant there. This calls for some specific ingredients that I got from the Asian market in Ypsi. If you want to make this while I still live near you please use the stuff I already bought! There is a ton left. Seriously.
1 can Mae Ploy Coconut Milk
½ TBSP Healthy Boy Soy Sauce(Mushrooom)
1/8 Cup Mae Ploy Yellow Curry paste (squeeze out of bag, do not use spoon, or paste will mold.)
1 lb. Chicken Breast
5 large carrots, chopped
5-6 red or yellow potatoes, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
(optional) Pinch Kiefer Lime Leaves
(optional) Small chunk Galangal root
2 tea Salt, or to taste
1 TBSP Chicken Boulon
¼ cup sugar
1. Pour top half of coconut milk into large pot.
2. Once boiling: Add curry paste, Kiefer Lime leaves, Galangal root. You want it to look smooth.
3. Add Chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, salt, the rest of coconut milk, chicken boulon, sugar, soy sauce; mix together.
4. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat and simmer.
5. Ready when chicken is done, and potatoes are tender.