Originally from Year of Crockpotting
7-8 pound bone-in spiral-cut ham
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup all natural maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
2 cups pineapple juice
1. Use a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
2. Unwrap the ham and discard flavor packet.
3. Place the ham into the slow cooker stoneware, flat-side down.
4. Rub brown sugar on all sides.
5. Pour on maple syrup and pineapple juice.
6. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
7. An hour before serving, baste ham with the collected juices from the bottom of the slow cooker.
8. When cooking is done, remove carefully and let it rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before carving. (This didn't happen for me since mine had already fallen apart in the crockpot. It worked out fine though!)