This is from Ocean Spray's website. I think it's way better than canned because it doesn't come out in a big clump.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 (12-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, rinsed and drained
1. Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil.
3. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
5. Refrigerate until serving time. (Or serve at room temp, if preferred.)