Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Cordon Blue

My mom makes this dish a lot. Of course she never uses a recipe so this is what she told me over the phone. It is super easy, you just have to try it out.

Ingredients:
chicken
sliced ham
sliced swiss cheese
butter
Pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing

Get as many chicken breasts as you want. If the chicken breasts are really large then I slice them in half, okay I am blanking of the term for how you cut it... I want to say sagitally. Does that make sense? Cut it so that it looks the same but you have two of them. Ask me to explain later, I clearly can't do it now.

Pound chicken out so that it is pretty thin but try not to tear it.
Get your swiss cheese and role it up inside the ham and then roll the ham inside the chicken. Dip the whole thing in butter and then in your dressing and then place in a baking pan. Make sure the all the chicken sides are tucked in so nothing leaks out. Kind of like enchiladas.

Then cook at 350 degrees for about half and hour or until it is cooked. My over is so weird, so I am not sure exactly how long it will take in a normal oven.

Sauce:
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp lemon juice.
mix all of them together and heat up on stove.

serve with rice

It really is very easy, just call me if you need help.

No comments: