Found this on The Sisters' Cafe website. They adapted it from Recipe Corner and A Year of Slowcooking. I served it with rice, but I think it could go either way.
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1, 2-4 lb roast (I used pork)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce (I used homemade)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the rings of onion in the crock pot.
2. Place roast in crock pot on top of the onions.
3. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper to taste (salt might depend on how if you have regular or low-sodium soy sauce).
4. Pour the 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce over the top of the roast.
5. Pour the cranberry sauce on top of the roast.
6. Cook on low for 6 hours.
7. About one hour before serving, shred the pork so it can soak up all the juices.