4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 T Italian dressing seasoning
1/4 c butter
1/2 c half-and-half (I used fat free)
3 t minced garlic
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 T lemon juice
1 big bag of fresh spinach (sauteed)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use half chicken, half mushroom - if you double the recipe you can also use cream of roasted garlic)
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (sauteed)
2/3 c bacon, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the chicken breast halves on a baking sheet
3. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
5. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
6. Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese.
7. Arrange the spinach over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
8. Cover the spinach with the mushrooms.
9. Pour half the mixture from the saucepan over the mushrooms.
10. Arrange chicken breasts in the dish, and cover with the remaining sauce mixture.
11. Sprinkle with bacon bits, and top with mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the 400 degree oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
13. Serve over pasta.