2 cups elbow macaroni
2 eggs, beaten
1 14 oz. can evaporated milk + 1/4 cup milk + 1/4 cup water (2 cups total)
1/2 cup margarine, melted
3 cups grated sharp cheddar
1 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (can use the fridge kind)
1. Preaheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally until almost tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and 1/4 cup melted margarine.
4. Put half the macaroni into a greased 2-quart casserole dish and top with half the cheddar cheese. Repeat.
5. Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni and cheese.
6. In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the paprika, the remaining butter, and the Parmesan. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the macaroni.
7. Bake until brown and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.