I have made these enchiladas with flour tortillas and corn tortillas. It's easier to make the enchiladas with flour tortillas, but I think corn tortillas taste better!
2 dozen 10-inch flour tortillas
2 pounds ground beef
1 ¼ pounds shredded cheddar cheese
2-3 tsp chili powder
½ cup salsa
2 (19 oz.) cans red enchilada sauce
1. Brown and drain ground beef.
2. Add chili powder and salsa.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Microwave tortillas in the package for 1 minute. (this makes them soft)
4. Place a serving of seasoned ground beef in the center of a tortilla.
5. Top with 2 Tb enchilada sauce and 2 Tb shredded cheese.
6. Roll tightly lengthwise and place in a greased baking (casserole) dish.
7. When the dish is full, dribble 1 Tb enchilada sauce along the length of each enchilada, and top with cheese.
8. Heat in the oven for about 20 minutes. (if tortillas start to get too crispy and the centers still aren’t hot enough, cover with foil until they’re done.)